Saturday, August 16, 2008

You will have many friends when you need them

So I haven't posted to my blog in quite a while. It's been a bit of a whirlwind, to say the least :) But just the other day I had a fortune cookie with the title of this blog entry as my fortune, and it compelled me to write.

One thing that I have been conspicuously quiet about on this blog was a relationship that I was in. And I intend to continue being quiet about it, except to mention that I was in a relationship, and now I'm not. Because I'm very aware of what I share on this blog, this wasn't something that I wanted to write about. But when it's the thing forefront in your mind, it's kind of hard to write about anything else. I would feel kind of phony. But it has now moved from the forefront of my thought, and much of that had to do with the many friends I have when I need them (and probably when I don't, either--they're just that good!).

So now I can move on :)

So, last time I checked in, I was still in Israel. Much has happened since! I returned home to Anchorage and hit the ground running. Well... almost running. For some reason, jet lag hit me pretty bad this time. I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that because of shuttle schedules I had to spend the night in the Tel Aviv airport before I ever even got on a flight. I was a bit tired, and then the light of Alaska at night was playing all sorts of tricks with my head :) I now know what it's like for people to experience an Alaskan summer for the first time... yay for me?

I was able to kick it with my friends in a Renaissance Fair for one weekend, which was a joy. I was then able to travel down to Valdez, Alaska, for another installment of the Last Frontier Theater Conference. Initially I thought that I might start a job right away, and so when I was able to go, I was particularly happy. It did not disappoint. I really love this conference, and I love the road trip down there and back. It is so much fun.

Right when I got back we jumped into rehearsals for The Head That Wouldn't Die. This is a play that I performed in at the theater conference in Valdez last summer, but this time around we were doing a full run of the show. We got some pretty good press on it. In fact, here are some links:

Anchorage Daily News Article Featuring the Show
Stage Talk Radio Interview with me and Elle

I absolutely LOVE this play. It is so full of comic gems that every night it was fun to try and get it pitch perfect in timing and delivery. And I just absolutely loved the character of Penny who I got to play. While I was happy to get my life back after this run was over, I was sad to stop performing the show. I really love it. And the playwright, Rand Higbee, came up from Minnesota for a weekend of the shows--I think it's pretty cool that he wanted to come up and see us do his show again (he had seen the original performance in Valdez).

And now I'm settling into day-to-day life :) I'm working for a small IT company here in Anchorage, and I am having a blast. I'm living with one of my bestest friends, Megan, and so I luck out once again with a rockin' roommate (Shelly being previous, who I still miss!). And lots of hanging out with friends, Olympic watching and Wii playing.

Yeah, life is good :) It's nice knowing I have many friends when I need them :)

1 comment:

Moogan said...

Speaking of which... Wii & Olympics after my rehearsal, right... =)

I love you!
moo