Friday, March 21, 2008

A New Beginning

Hello! Obviously I've been a little absent from this blog :) I've had more than a couple polite reminders. I have plenty of excuses, but I think ultimately, I just wasn't drawn to post for a while. After all, I never want this blog to be something of a burden, to me or my friends :)

Nevertheless, I now feel compelled to write. The Bahá'í World has just welcomed in the New Year, and I wanted to check in :)

I've been working in Haifa since the middle of January. I've been quite busy, but I'm really having a good time. I'm here until the end of May, and I am quickly realizing that if I blink too slowly, this could all be over sooner than I expect. So I'm trying to enjoy each day and live in the present.

The weather here is drastically different from Anchorage at the moment. It's strange to think that we were in the high 80's today, and that Anchorage... well, wasn't :) Here are a few pictures I took over the weekend, at both the Naw-Rúz (New Year) celebration, out at Bahjí (where the Shrine of Bahá'u'lláh is), and walking down the terrace gardens below the Shrine of the Báb on my way home.







1 comment:

Laura Harley said...

These photos are beautiful, Lindsay! It sounds like things are going great and you're having a wonderful experience. Yay!