Thursday, January 24, 2008

So far so great!

Hello! I'm just about finished with my first week of work here in Israel, so I thought it was an appropriate time to check in. There has been so much that I wanted to share, particularly about my pilgrimage. But I also feel like I'm still processing things. I think my goal is to maybe share some photos and quick summaries of the places I visited while on pilgrimage, particularly for those not familiar with the area. So hopefully I get around to that soon.

Anyway, life is good :) I've settled into my apartment (I'm living with my friend Shaghayegh, for those who know her), and like I said, I'm almost finished with my first week of work. I really just dived in! But I was really excited about it too. It's strange being back in a work environment that is so familiar to me, yet so many of the people around me are different. But there are some familiar faces in the crowd, and I'm meeting also sorts of wonderful people.

So that's it! I hope all are well. And I promise to do better at keeping in touch :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear the latest. I know you'll be busy the whole time you're there.

Mutale and Jarrett said...

Glad you made it safely. Enjoy your time in Haifa, and please give my love to Peter, and everyone in the office. I miss be there!

Much love,
Muts

Fairi said...

Hey Lindsay!! How's it going?! Are you enjoying your time back in Haifa??? Love to hear stories and see pics if it's possible ;) Big hugs from India.