Saturday, January 05, 2008

In Israel

My brother and I have made it safe to Israel! Our luggage... well, that's another story :) But it will be delivered to our hotel by tomorrow morning, so all is well - it's a good thing our mom taught us to have extra clothes in our carry-ons :)

So our travel was pleasantly not challenging :) We had a long layover in Chicago, so we took advantage of the time and went to see the Baha'i Temple for the the North American continent, which is located there. It was a really nice way to pass the time, and it was great to get out of an airport for a while.

Currently I'm sitting in the airport in Tel Aviv. We'll be heading into Haifa tonight, so we're just killing a little time before catching a shuttle. It feels great to be here, and I'm glad that we didn't get stuck somewhere along the way :)

Colin and I will be on Pilgrimage for 9 days. I don't know if I'll be updating my blog during that time or not - I'll be sure to share some pictures at some point though.

I'm already missing you guys from home - I have a feeling that will be the case for the whole 5 months that I'm here. But I'm also really looking forward to all the adventures to come and to seeing friends here in Israel.

Shabat Shalom!

2 comments:

Moogan said...

I'm glad you made it there safe, and i can't wait to hear all about your pilgrim adventures. =)

I love & miss you!

-meg

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking of you, Lindsay! I am looking forward to hearing all about what I'm sure will be an amazing experience. Love to you!