Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My future plans

Well, several people as of late have been asking me what my future plans are. Future plans can be a lot of pressure! But fortunately I have some plans at the moment... and I'm looking forward to when they become reality :)

As you may or may not have heard, I did not get into graduate school, as I had hoped. So at that point I had to decide what to do. I am a firm believer that even when things don't turn out how we want, something else comes along that ends up being even more beneficial for us. So I tried to keep open to possibilities. At some point a few months back, I was in a Baha'i study course with a few other people, including my Aunt Tim. She mentioned that her sister, my Aunt Shelly, was planning on moving to Minneapolis. You see, Shelly is an amazing actor who had been living in Atlanta. Tim mentioning this to me opened up the thought... "I wonder if Shelly would mind if I moved in with her and tried this whole acting thing?" So, I asked :)

Thankfully, Shelly was more than okay with having someone to share the rent with (and hopefully happy to have me around)! So, I am planning on moving down to Minneapolis in January! Apparently Alaska was not cold enough for me. I'm very excited about it. I'm also terrified, but excited about being terrified too, if that makes any sense :)

Right now in Anchorage, Alaska, I'm working for an oil company here as a technical writer, creating training materials for some new programs that they have developed. The project should finish before I leave in January. I'm also currently in rehearsals for a play called "Kafka Dances". I'm playing the part of Kafka's sister, and I think it's going to be a great production. For those of you in the Anchorage area, it opens October 22 down at Cyrano's Playhouse--come see it! For the rest of you, I'm sure I'll be posting pictures at some point.

Well, that's enough for now :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, that's awsome news! You are a wonderful performer from what i remember at the BWC :) Challenges are scary but exciting too, so i wish you the very best with your move and your new career ;) I'm back at the BWC for a few months and you are in my prayers when i go to the shrines!
love,
elena

Anonymous said...

LindsayLamarJoon!
I am soooo happy for you!!! Just keep trusting, praying, and working hard and doors will keep opening for you! It's wonderful you are moving out here to start something new! You have always been one for adventure, so I bet you will have tons of fun! :)
nice blog by the way, and greeeeat pictures! :)
sahar

Shingo said...

All the best with your move Lindsay!
Looking forward to reading all about your adventures.
much love
amelia