Monday, June 05, 2006

Congratulations are in order

Well, it seems to be a very dramatic time of year, where lots of congratulations are in order! There have been graduations, births, and weddings galore! So I just wanted to take a moment to shout a "yahoo" for the following people, dreading the idea that I might miss someone (because, seriously, there has been a lot going on!). So here it goes:

Congratulations to my cousin James for graduating from high school! Seriously, I think you have finally been the person that has made me feel old, because I remember baby sitting you (don't worry James, that's as sappy as I'll get). James played varsity football his senior year, and I think he was the only one of us to actually play on a sports team in school--I know we all liked to go and cheer him on. He was named as someone to watch in the newspaper, which is pretty darn cool! So congratulations James on graduating!

We have another graduation in our midst--Raina, who is my cousin's cousin, but close enough! She graduated from high school up in Barrow, and from the pictures it looks like it was awesome! It has always been fun seeing Raina when they would come down to visit, and I always wanted to go up to Barrow to visit the family (I ALMOST made it up with work one time). She got a $1,000 scholarship, and she was also the class president. At graduation she got to lead the turning of the tassles. Yaaaaaay Raina!







And yet another graduation: Krista! Krista graduated from college, which is just great! She is quite the writer, and sometimes she posts some of her poems and such on her blog. She celebrated graduating from college by making a trip to New York, which you can see chronicled on her blog as well. I've known Krista since we were little kids, and I really loved sleepovers with her and her sister Kelsey--basically their home was a second home to me for a while! We always had a lot of fun! She's planning on moving back up to Alaska, so I'm super jealous that I'm not up there--but I'll be sure to see her on visits, so that's good. Congrats Krista, you definitely deserve it!

Okay, moving on to births: There is young Lucas, who was born on May 23rd to Andy and Zuzi. I'm so happy for you guys. Andy and Zuzi will be the best parents. I am in awe of Zuzi. She is somone who will be an organized and loving mom, and I think a wonderful example to her son of what a woman should be like. I actually know Andy better, as we worked together and have done some plays together as well. And now he's a daddy! It just makes me so happy, because Lucas is going to be so loved. And Andy, you better sing to him. I loved it when my dad sang to me.

One of my flatmates from Haifa just had a baby as well! Amelia, you'll have to correct me if I'm mistaken on spelling, but her name is Maleha, and she's absolutely gorgeous as well. Hmm... I see a little bit of matchmaking going on: Maleha, Lucas---Lucas, Maleha :) Both Amelia and Kaiwan are amazing people, and I'm sure that they will be amazing parents as well!

Now to weddings: Congratulations to Sjona and Jason! I worked with Sjona (pronounced "show-na") in Haifa, Israel, at the Baha'i World Centre. She grew up in Chile, but since leaving Israel she went to New Mexico for school. And there was Jason! I've never met Jason, only seeing him in pictures on Sjona's blog, but I know that he must be amazing. Sjona has a real love for life... with a little mischief thrown in. She also has a great laugh, and when people are around her, they are infected with her joy. I'm so happy that you've found a life partner Sjona!

My friend Redeit, who I met in Ethiopia, but had served at the Baha'i World Centre just before I was there, just recently got married as well. She looks absolutely gorgeous! I remember when we were visiting Ethiopia, she was in the midst of exams, and she amazed me with how she would study, pulling all nighters, and still have energy to do stuff during the day! I'm so happy for you Redeit! And Tigistu, you are one lucky man!

There have been lots of weddings in the recent past, that I just want to congratulate: Amir and Tahmina, Jarrett and Mutale, Arash and Bahareh, and I'm sure many, many more :)




Congratulations for their engagements go to Corinne and Kevin (no pic yet), Alisa and Chet, and Andre and Zhanna!



And two moms to be: Ailsa and Sieni!



Whew! I'm almost positive there are moments of greatness that have happened to people that I know, and I've totally spaced on mentioning them, but frankly I'm surprised I remembered this much :) I love you all and wish you the best!

3 comments:

Moogan said...

I love hearing about so many wonderful things happening. Of course I can't help but notice that you don't have a picture of baby Lucas in there. Hmmm... maybe some daddy hasn't sent one to you yet... Ah well, I'm sure Lucas is keeping him busy... =)

love you!

~Frooghi's~ said...

ever consider a job as a reporter? :) :) I did NOT want this post to end! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I know pretty much all those people too. There were a few surprises but I think the most shocking one of all is James. I seriously haven't seen that guy since he was running around two feet tall. To everyone, I wish you all the best--including you Lindsay. :)