Friday, June 30, 2006

Back in the land of 10,000 lakes

Hey everyone! I'm back in Minnesota! I got in last night, so I haven't even unpacked yet. But strangely it does feel like I'm home. I suppose I'm lucky, in that both places feel like home. But it's also hard to describe, because they are both so different. I absolutely love Alaska--it is the place my heart knows the best, and I just feel at home there. But I've carved out a Lindsay-sized piece of Minnesota too, and I'm happy to be back here. Thank goodness! It would be absolute torture otherwise.

It was great to see people back up in Alaska! Of course, the time went way too quickly, and I still feel like I didn't get to spend enough time with hardly anyone--but isn't that how it always is? But I got to do a bunch of theater stuff and hang out with my family (although not nearly enough).

The trip ended with a core of my friends taking me to the airport late at night and thoroughly embarrasing me with their antics while I went through the security line. But I love it :) They sang to me, including the final song from Beverly Hillbillies--"y'all come back now, yah hear?"--and apparently they stayed in that area for a little while after I was gone, because they had been commissioned to stay and sing a welcome song for someone coming into Anchorage :) Hilarious! As I was walking away from security, another passenger asked me if I was embarrased, and I said, "oh, I'm used to it... plus I love them very much". And the fame of it travelled all the way to Texas (that's right, I had to fly through Texas... but it was a mileage ticket, so I couldn't complain too much). I went into a restroom in Dallas, and some lady in line said "oh, you're the girl that they sang for--they had such pretty voices!". So hey guys, I think you should take your show on the road! Just travel from airport to airport, and charge $5.00 to sing a tune--call them "Airgrams" :)

So I still have entries to make about different activities in Anchorage, which I'll be catching up on over the next few days, but I wanted to say thanks to everyone in Alaska. I loved seeing my friends, and I loved being with my family--the coolest family ever! And I got to see my brother's puppy Winston! Too cute!

Meanwhile, I'm back, I'm going to take a shower, and then I'm going to tackle unpacking and all that entails... and possibly I'll see some of my friends here!

Bye for now!

5 comments:

Moogan said...

I'm glad they thought we sounded pretty, cause we certainly weren't all singing the same words. =) Airgrams Incorporated, welcoming the world!

I'm open to slogan suggestions.

I love you!

Frank said...

10,000 lakes? Thats nothing!

Glad you had a safe trip.

Lindsay Lamar said...

yeah, when Colin was here, he was wondering the same thing--10,000 lakes? I believe they actually have a little bit more, but the round number is nice... and I have no idea how many are in Alaska, but we're so huge, it doesn't seem that nice to compare :)

ak_hepcat said...

I miss you already!

And i'm sad that I couldn't go out to the airport to help sing you off. Stupid sleeps and work.

Oh, Rehearsal for the 4th of July evening performance starts at 3 on the 4th, so don't be too late, or Shane'll have to dock your pay. Again. And then they'll make me play my viola really badly.

Well, I'll play it badly just because I can't play it well. But you get the idea.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I'M THE LAND OF 10,000 LAKES!!!!!!

xoxo

Shane