Friday, September 15, 2006

Cast in Steel Magnolias!

Hooray! I just got a call from the director--I've been cast as Shelby in Steel Magnolias! For those of you familiar with the movie version, the character I'm playing was the part Julia Roberts performed.

I'm SUPER excited to do this role, and I'm so very happy to get cast again in Minnesota--it wasn't just a one-time fluke!

Rehearsals start in the beginning of October for about 4 weeks, opening in November. I must admit I was unsure with how I did at auditions. I felt like I was in my head the whole time and didn't connect emotionally. But I'm grateful the director saw something there, and I'm really excited to sink my teeth into this role! Also, the entire cast is women, which I've never done before, so that's something unique.

And the best part? This means I don't have to audition for a while :) I'm enjoying the bliss of being cast... eventually the reality of how much work this will be will sink in, but that's another type of joy :)

Ciao for now,
Lindsay

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sweetness,

Just remember that this role calls for you to get pregnant and die. Please avoid rehearsing for either of these conditions.

Love you lots,

Shane

~Frooghi's~ said...

ohmygod lindsay!!!!! i am super exited for you! congratulations!!!!!!

and i second shane's comment :)

Anonymous said...

Wooo!

Rah Rah Rah!

Hooray!

and Ditto, too!

Anonymous said...

Freakin' awesome! And thus began Lindsey's ultimate subversion of the Minnesota theatre scene. ALL TREMBLED IN HER WAKE!

- Scott T

gypsy said...

yay!!!!
congratulations!!!!!!!!!

dont forget to post photos when the time comes:)
happy mexico's independence day...

love - sjo

Lindsay Lamar said...

Thanks for the comments guys (on here and sent to my inbox). It's kind of fun to monitor how theater is such an up and down thing... could it be, dare I say, dramatic? Muahahahahaha! Yeah, so I'll be sure to post updates and photos as time goes by :)

Lindsay Lamar said...

Oh, and PS, I have no idea why I did the evil laugh in the last comment... it may be because it's so fun to type and it makes me smile :)

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, that is so awesome! I'm so proud of you for sticking in there. I knew something good would come your way. Nobody deserves it more than you.

Miss you and love you!

~Heather.

tahmina, amir & azamat said...

i love reading about your acting adventures, so excited for you doing what u love:) keep up the spirit.

Unknown said...

Hahaha awesome hun!!!

And yes hounding about the LP will commence soon.

Moogan said...

I'm so happy for you my dear! I wish that I could see it. I'm sure that you are going to love doing the show. How could you not? It's a fantastic show!

love you!

leila said...

lindsay, when i saw this post yesterday i decided to get out Steel Magnolias at the next opportunity to see WHAT KIND OF A MESS YOU'RE GETTING YOURSELF INTO. last night we walked up the mountain and into the vid store, so now it's at my place.

maybe i'll even have a chance to watch it after my FUNDAEC class tonight.

you'll get my review, too.

i'm v.v.v.v. happy for you. ditto taha and shane's comments also.

love love love from leila

pea ehs i'm all over your email. i mean i'm concocting a mental response as we speak.

Lindsay Lamar said...

I can't wait for your review Leila! I think the movie is absolutely fabulous, but I'll be curious to hear what you have to say!

nafis said...

Are there any pirates in Steel Magnolias? No? CURSES!

Amelia Ghofrany said...

Biggest Congrats! You will need to post some pics since I won't be able to see you perform.

Mutale and Jarrett said...

Wow! congratulations! You deserve it:) Wish you all the very best...

Gubes said...

Congratulations Lindsay!

I am sure you will be stellar in the the show and outshine Julia's performance.

Enjoy the role...

John G.