Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I'm going on a cruise!


I can't believe it's really happening! Me and about 17 other friends from Alaska (maybe more?) are all going on a cruise together in November! This has been a talked about fantasy for quite some time, and now we are actually doing it! I have to give kudos to Robin for taking the initiative of contacting the travel agent and getting options for us. Omigosh, I get so excited even thinking about it! The picture is from Belize, one of the stops on our Western Carribean tour.

The cruise has also inspired everyone to start getting into shape! November is far enough away, that those wanting to trim a few pounds will be able to do it, and since there is such a big group of us, there is plenty of camaraderie and support in getting fit. It's pretty exciting! Now, I don't have pounds to lose, but I definitely have strength to build. So I've started doing my Pilates again, and I'm hoping that I can continue to make it a habit. When I've done Pilates in the past, I've noticed that my back doesn't have as much pain and my posture is better. So I'm staying inspired by my friends, and hopefully it will be reciprocal!

Woo hoo!

7 comments:

Leigh Anne Gubatayao Korn said...

Lindsay, I am so happy for you! Wish I could go with you. Another trip will be for us. I am hoping/dreaming to go the the Social & Economic Development Conference in Orlando again sometime. It is the perfect blend of Baha'i conference & access to Disney World... LOL

Anonymous said...

You know it helps!

I'm psyched about the cruise and about being in better shape, even if I'm sore and cranky now. :)

Matt

Moogan said...

HORRAY!!! CRUUUUUUUUIIIIISSSSEE!!!!!!

I'm so excited! I'm also terrible about working out, but I got my Dance Dance Revolution back from my parents so now I'm doing that every day. And I joined a walk for Lutheran Social Services where we keep track of our steps for like a month and get sponsors and stuff. Walking more will be very good. I can't wait until November!!! =)

~Frooghi's~ said...

linds joon!!! happy naw ruz to you too!!! so many exiting things to catch up on your blog so i better get to reading :)

love
sahar

Anonymous said...

In my heart I already have unlimited chocolate covered straberries and access to a water slide. How dare people doubt there is a heaven?

Hee hee Pilates is a funny word. Not as good as Tankini but there is potential.

Shaneicus Maximus

ak_hepcat said...

i'm gonna start rock climbing again next month. We're all gonna be studs!

Amelia Ghofrany said...

Thats so exciting can't wait to see pics :)
Happy Naw-Ruz also! Hope you have a fantastic year ahead :)