Sunday, March 25, 2007

Working from Home

So I've started working for a company in Alaska... from Minnesota :) So my office is my kitchen table! I'm essentially writing documentation on how to use a computer program. I've done this type of work in the past, so I've been hired to do it yet again.

Here are some pros for working from home:
  • No commute, so I can sleep a little later and save on gas, parking, or bus fare
  • Not having to dress for the office--I have time to exercise and then clean up for the day, but I don't have to wear slacks. Instead it's the nice comfy jeans :)
  • Easy access to snacks--just have to go to my cupboard
  • Being able to play my music and not worry about disturbing anyone
Here are some cons:
  • I have to be extra diligent to stay on task
  • I don't have tons of human interaction
Hmm... that's about it :) I do enjoy the work that I'm doing, and I like the people that I'm working with from afar. As far as the human interaction, I'm fortunate enough to have stuff in the evenings a lot of the time, so I get my fix of that as well :) All in all, I think it's a pretty darn good situation!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were you, working from home, I'd hang out in my underware and make crank phone calls on company time. Just a thought.

XO

Shane

PS Of course this only applies if you're not working for Andy.

Moogan said...

I want to have easy access to snacks! love you!

ak_hepcat said...

Just make sure you spend some quality time on IM so we can pester you like normal human interaction would be.

Can you pass the nachos?