Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I'm surrounded by wonderful people!

You know, my friend Sahar recently commented on my blog that I have the best friends... and it's true! I am truly humbled by how many wonderful people I know. I think that's why I can stay so positive when so many things around me tell me I should be negative.

I'm living with an amazing person, my aunt Shelly. I could live on her laughter alone! We're both going through trials of making Saint Paul our home, and we're able to support each other in that. We hadn't really even known each other very well before living together, but I'm so grateful that we live well together (our ping-pong economics is fascinating!).

My parents are great. I don't even want to think about a time when they aren't on this planet, because although I am very independant, I am very attached to my parents. It's not like I need them for my everyday life problems, but when things get a little crazier than usual, I can call my parents and get the sound advice of my mother ("everything will be alright"), and the insane advice of my father ("everyone loves cinnamon toast")... and both blend beautifully to making me feel better.

I have friends scattered all over the world. Especially after living in Israel, where there were people at the Baha'i World Centre from all over the world. I have come to keep up with numerous blogs from friends in far corners from where I am. But I love that.

Heck, Pam, my PartyLite candle sponsor, has been so generous with her time, answering lots of questions, and helping me make all of my monthly goals (I bonused last month because of her!). She has been a strong support.

My friends in Alaska are better than words can describe. I don't think I would have any self worth if they suddenly didn't like me. I don't consider myself high maintainance, as far as material things go, but I absolutely love attention :) And my friends in Alaska give me that in bucketfulls. Just when I'm feeling low, I get a word of encouragement that brings me up. I am so lucky.

I write all this with tears welling in my eyes, because life has not been easy lately. I'm sucking at the very thing I would love to excel and thrive in, while I'm forced to "pay the rent" by doing things that are not related to theater, all the while being away from Alaska and my "comfort zone" of family and friends. But I know that if I step back, this is all part of the process. I also see how supported I am. Thank God. I hope that others find me as supportive to them as I feel. At times right now I seem to take more than I give. But I love you all (well, those of you reading that I know!... heck, I probably love those I don't know either!), and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaawwwwww ***blush***** *blush****** :) :)
and a little **sniff*** ***sniff** too :)
- sahar -

Anonymous said...

Oh, Lindsay, I wish I could give you a great, big hug right now. You are, without a doubt, the nicest person and the purest soul that I have ever met. You deserve all the most wonderful things life has to offer. Keep your chin up, and believe in yourself. I know I believe in you.

Moogan said...

I've decided to stop liking you....
... yup... gotta hate you... seriously, stop trying to win me back...

ummm..

okay, i just can't do it. My life sucks without liking you, so I've changed my mind. You're just going to have to put up with me and all those horrible things i say about wanting you to succeed okay. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetness,

As far as I'm concerned you're getting ripped off in our relationship becasue I get you as a pal and all you get is me. I know it doesn't seem fair, but that's just the way life can be unfair sometimes. =P

Love you more everyday.

Shaneicus

Anonymous said...

oh my girl.
sending love to you.
I am just coming out on the other side of the worst blues i have had in a very long time...due to the sick feeling that i am going to be a temp who does theatre at night for the rest of my life...this after 8 years in NYC! all i can say is that i feel your agony and that is no lie. And I agree with you, it is friends (and family) who encourage me to still hold my head up, and keep treading water, even when I feel like I am too tired to try anymore.
And since I am on the water motif, i will continue with the catch phrase from Finding Nemo, for when you don't know where you are: Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming.
You are an angelfish!

Lovelovelove
julie
p.s. maybe you need to take a little trip to the East Coast for a few days, and visit NYC?..we are very good hosts...:)

Anonymous said...

Lindsay-

I'm sorry it's rough, but I KNOW you'll do well, in whatever you get to do. You're a light in my life, so I'm sure someone else down there will see that when you audition.

I have to second your father's advice, everyone DOES love cinnamon toast!

My best advice is to enjoy the ride. Not every experience is joyous, but they are all learning experiences, and you'll develop endurance from the hard times.

And, as always, whatever you need, I've got your back.

Matt

Amelia Ghofrany said...

You really are the sweetest. I also think I'm really lucky to have a friend like you and wish you all the best in your future.

Anonymous said...

hey! its hard to read that you are going through a tough time and being so far away. still i hope that you remember that we are all here for you - and send me your voice demo!!
xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Linds,

Sorry, to hear things are challenging right now, but as I have learned from my experience at BWC, the greatest growth comes from the greatest "pruning". :-)

You have succeeded in the past,
and I am SURE you will continue to do so. :)

Call whenever you need a friend!

Take Care,

Johnny G

Anonymous said...

Just want to clarify that yes everyone loves cinnamon toast just as long as it is not cinnamon raisin toast!!!
Just keep leaning on us for however long you need because we know that you would do the same for us.
Smile that beautiful smile.
love, Kristin

ak_hepcat said...

I love cinnamon toast almost as much as I love Lindsay Lamar -- I'd never put _you_ in the toaster!

And never forget this sage advice brought to us by wise, ancient philosophers:

"If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps
Don't be silly chumps
Just purse your lips and whistle - that's the thing.

And...always look on the bright side of life... "

Anonymous said...

Dear Lindsay, just wanted to say I love you too (very much!!!), and you are a wonderful lady a great friend to live with and talk to. Congratulations for having had a great audition this week... was very happy to get the news. With love always, Corinne
P.S. I have news too - my mom gave us consent and Kevin and I are planning on having the wedding in late October or early November. YES, everyone who's reading is can know. :)!!