Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Third time's a charm!

Well, I have not been cast in anything yet, but I finally had a really good audition! Seriously, this is a big step for me! I was so frustrated that I couldn't show what I could do at an audition, and while I'm sure I could still do better, I actually had an audition I felt good about!

On Monday night I auditioned for a musical called "War of the Worlds" that is actually still being developed. It's a 40s, radio era show, that's all about Mars :) It's silly, it has great harmonies, and I think it would be very fun to be a part of. The first part of the audition people went in individually and did a monologue and a song. After everyone had gone through with that, certain people were asked to stay--and I was one of them! We then learned a song from the show to demonstrate our ability to harmonize and did some readings. The rehearsals would start in August, which would give me a little time. I'm supposed to hear by May 1 whether I am in it or not--but the whole point of this entry is that I had a good audition!

What a difference it makes! I truly feel that I was considered worthy to play one of the parts, but I just might not end up being the best for the part among the others that were there. All of the women called back were good, so it would be perfectly understandable to go with someone else. But there is a major distinction between being shot down immediately (which, with the previous awful auditions I can't blame them) and getting a chance to prove myself a little more and be considered at least. That feels good.

So whether I get into this show or not, I am so grateful that I had a positive theatrical experience! I really needed it at this point :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job Lindsay!

Matt

Moogan said...

hip hip horray for lindsay lamar! I completely agree with andy... Woooohooo!!!

Schmerin said...

Go Lindsay! Yay Lindsay!
Everybody say "WHOOP" for the Lindsay!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOP Lindsay!

Stephen A. Fuqua said...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

Edward said...

Great news Lindsay!
It was a joy to read your posting and to know you felt so good about the audition.

ak_hepcat said...

Yah Linds! Show them locals that Alaskans got what it takes!

Anonymous said...

Go get 'em tiger, show 'em what you're working with!!!!

-Kristin

Anonymous said...

:) :) :) :) :) :)
-sahar-

Anonymous said...

Not to psh your luck or snything, but I'd hold out for a role as a death dealing space alien if I were you. space aliens are way cooler than ordinary people.

=P

Shane