Sunday, April 30, 2006

What a weekend!

Well, I can definitely feel like I had a full weekend!

It started on Friday night, when I went to Baha'i Feast, which is a Baha'i meeting that happens once a month for the community (one Baha'i month = 19 days, so it's once every 19 days). The Baha'i community here in Saint Paul is very nice here, and having people that I got to know right away when I moved here really helped, so I always enjoy going to Baha'i events.

Saturday was a Baha'i Holy day, so I was able to go to a commemoration for the 9th day of Ridvan, where I even shared a little violin music. Then last night Shelly and I went and saw the Guthrie's production of "Hamlet". I'm really glad that we got to go see it, particularly because this is the very last production that the Guthrie is doing in their old space. This summer they will be moving to their new location. The Guthrie's first production was "Hamlet" in 1963, so it seemed very fitting for it to be the last show that do in their old space. I really enjoyed the production, and this was the first play that I've seen here, so quite frankly it was just really nice seeing a play! I'm hoping that the new theater is good, because I really liked this old theater. It's a thrust stage, and there doesn't seem to be a bad seat in the house. So I'll report once I've seen something in the new space to compare :)

This morning I went to Baha'i school and helped out in the preschool class. They are so cute, so it was a lot of fun to go play with them. Afterwards I went to a Baha'i Ruhi study course, and after that we went to watch a performance of Mozart's Requiem. A friend of mine was singing in the chorus, so that's how I even heard about it. It was performed in a huge Catholic church, so the acoustics were just great. I had never heard it live, so that was great!

So now I'm home, and not looking forward to going to work tomorrow (mostly just waking up early). But I can say that I had a good weekend, that's for sure!

4 comments:

Moogan said...

woo-hoo! it sounds like you had a very spiritually fulfilled weekend. Those are the best. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Seems like a good Ridvan Weekend.
Great talking to you Saturday morning.
TTYL,
John

Anonymous said...

Ummmm...the general idea of weekends is supposed to be to get a little rest. Thumbs up on Mozart's Requiem, always loved it. Thumbs down on Hamlet. Not my favorite flavor of Shakespeare.

hugs,

shane

tahmina, amir & azamat said...

weekend full of service, what better could i wish for? and, i miss hearing your violine playing!