Friday, October 06, 2006

Autumn in Minnesota

Fall has been well under way here in Minnesota, and it is truly beautiful here. What’s great is that, although it has gotten cooler, we are still having some warm days where you can just have a light sweater and you’re fine. And the colors of the leaves! So pretty! Last weekend I had a chance to go outside of the cities to a Baha’i convention, and the building that the convention took place in was surrounded by incredible nature. We were able to go on a bit of a nature walk, and I saw my first snake in the wild! Granted, it was a teeny thing that wasn’t poisonous, but I was excited all the same.

Another thing that I was able to do recently was to go to the Sever’s Corn Maze. This is where they take a big field of corn and create a maze that from an aerial view has a picture! How cool is that? Here’s what this year’s maze looks like from above:




I went with my friend Elizabeth and her daughters (her daughter Emma is the one in overalls and a red shirt--one of the cutest kids ever!). They were meeting up with people who are part of her mommy club, so it was really fun to go with all these kids. Not only did they have the maze, but they also had a pit of corn that you could play in, as evidenced below:




They had a petting zoo (with a kangaroo!):




And a hay ride too!



It was a perfect day, and as soon as we walked in you could hear the Dixie jazz band playing and smell the wares that the vendors were selling. I absolutely loved this afternoon in the beautiful Fall of Minnesota!



5 comments:

~Frooghi's~ said...

the maze is aMAZEing! (heheh). man i wish there was something like that around here!!!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that? I wish the whole cast of Thye Mummy could go to a maze like that.

XOXO

Shane

Moogan said...

I'm so jealous! It's been rainy here... *sigh* Emma looks so much like her mom! She's like a bitty Elizabeth.

Anonymous said...

Aww aren't those kids cute!?!

Anonymous said...

So close, and yet so far!

The maze _would_ be fun to go through, although I'm not sure I could play in a pile of corn. Or maybe I could.

I guess i'll have to try.