Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Yarn treasure hunt?

Believe it or not, I actually went on a yarn treasure hunt a couple of weekends ago! My friend Sandra and I split it up over two days, since the shops were spread around the greater Twin Cities area... but let me explain :)

Basically, there were about 7 yarn shops that teamed together to have the first annual yarn treasure hunt. You had to go to each store to get your passport stamped, and once you had all of the stamps, you were entered in the grand prize drawing for $3,000 worth of knitting supplies! But not only were you getting your stamps, but each store had a clue that you had to solve. Once solved, you could then get a different charm in each place. It may not sound like it, but to anyone who loves knitting and/or crocheting, it was a great time! And the other cool part? Apart from the gas spent in driving to these places, it was free! And because I'm still fairly new, it afforded me a chance to see some different yarn places in the area. So I highly enjoyed it.

I meant to document our hunt through pictures, but I got lazy, so all I have is this one picture from the last yarn store we visited:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In terms of treasure hunting you don't look much like a pirate. On the other hand I've never seen a yarn pirate before so you could be spot on.

I love to see your smiling happy face.

XO

Shane

Moogan said...

You didn't bury any treasure did you?!?!?! Only hunted for it, right? Cause you must remain a pirate who don't do anything... =)

love you!

Sofia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUUUUUUU, HAPPY BIRRRRRRTHDAY DEAR LINDSAY..... HAPPPYYYYYY BIIRRRRRTHHDAYYYYY TOOOOOOOOO YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU =)