Monday, February 20, 2006

Back in the AK

Hey everyone! It's good to be back in Alaska, however short it may be. It's almost strange, because I've only been gone for a month and a half. So it hasn't been long enough for people to even really miss me, almost as if I've been here but they just haven't seen me in a little while. But it's strange, because in that month and a half I have gone through so much change! So I think it is a more dramatic experience for me at this point.

But I love it up here. Of course, I've started rehearsals for "Pirate Tales" with Theatre for Young People, which is opening THIS FRIDAY at the Williamson Auditorium on the UAA campus. It's going to be a great show, and I was very encouraged by our first rehearsal last night. I was also a bit overwhelmed, because there is a lot for me to work on in the next few days--but all will be well :) It's really great, because all of the cast are my friends--so what better way to come up to Alaska?

I'm staying with my parents, in the room that I grew up in, but all has changed :) While I was gone, they took advantage of my emptying the room to finally give it a nice remodeling! It looks beautiful! They were able to put down pergo flooring, and my mom did a beautiful painting job on the walls--one wall in particular is painted with leaves all over it.... heck, why don't I take a photo?

As you can see, a lot of work went into the room, and it really is beautiful. It will be a nice guest room for people to stay in, which is great. You can also see, in the far left of the picture, part of a frame hanging on the wall--my mom took some paper that I had made by hand when I was in middle school and got it framed. Here's a clearer shot:


It's a nice touch--it's like part of me is left in the room :)

So I'm enjoying being back. It's funny; I almost feel like I'm having more trouble with jet lag from this trip, with only a 3-hour difference, than I have had coming back from Israel in the past, where there was an 11-hour difference! But I'm sure after today I'll have bounced into Alaska time :)

Bye for now,
Lindsay

4 comments:

~Frooghi's~ said...

WOW the wall painting is just gorgeous! :) good luck on friday! :)

Anonymous said...

Even when you're in town if I don't get to see you at least every other day I miss you, soto have you gone six weeks stunk.

I've already said it 50 times but once more for luck...

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME HOME!!!!

XOXO

Shaneicus

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with your opening and
ENJOY the family & friends time!

John

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time back home and best wishes on the opening tomorrow.