Thursday, February 02, 2006

A surprise visit!

Well, last night I was just settling in to a night of TV (no plans has been made), when all of a sudden I got a call from my great aunt Theora! She is my maternal grandfather's youngest sister, and since there were nine children in the family (him being the oldest, her being the youngest), they were actually 17 years apart in age! So Thee is only about 4 or 5 years older than my mother :)

She was in town at the end of a business trip and called to see if I was available. What luck! I was so happy that I was free, and it was wonderful to spend some time with her. I was a poor reporter, in that I didn't even think to bring my camera to get a picture, but we looked fabulous :) What was extra nice about our visit is that when we stopped in Sioux Falls, her and her daughter-in-law were only able to be there for a couple of hours before they had to hit the road for Omaha, and with all of the family around, I really hadn't felt like we had gotten a chance to get to know each other. So this was a wonderful surprise visit :) Hooray!

No comments: