Sunday, February 12, 2006

Matt's visit to Minnesota!

Hey everyone! Matt just got the chance to visit with me! For those of you who don't know, Matt and I went to undergrad together. He had to come to Minneapolis for some training at the end of the week, so he was able to stay over for the weekend, which was just great!

The first day we went out for breakfast, and then braved the Mall of America on a Saturday! We had a lot of fun, walking all over the mall, and then we took advantage of all the rides that are there and had a great time (even on the log ride, where I really didn't want to get wet--and didn't!). We came back home and I ended up making some venison chili which wasn't too shabby :) We then were able to go and see King Kong, which neither of us had seen yet. So it was a pretty full day!

The second day was pretty chill, but we were able to meet up with another friend, Fran M. from Alaska, for lunch. She's been living in the Twin Cities for about 4 years now, so it's great connecting with someone else who lives here. We went to a fabulous Cuban restaurant in Minneapolis where there were very few tables, but the wait was worth it! Other than that, it was watching Olympics and setting up Matt's very own... non-blog. As I'm sure Matt will post on his "non-blog", Matt hates the word blog. So, his new online journal will focus around reviews of movies that he has seen--and there will be quite the variety! He hasn't got anything up on it yet, but if you visit his site, you can join his mailing list to subscribe: www.squeaksreviews.blogspot.com Have a great week everyone!

8 comments:

squeak said...

Wow, what a great idea. I think I am going to subscribe to that b**g right now cause I KNOW only good thing will be posted at a later date.

ak_hepcat said...

I think i'll mock it. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Anonymous said...

Do you know why I don't like blogs? Becasue Mattman likes fat chick blogs. THAT'S WHY!

Anonymous said...

I think we can ALL agree that Mattman likes HEAVY HANDSOME MAN Blogs!!


Pooh-bah! Pooh-bah!

hee-hee

Lindsay Lamar said...

Hey you people! Enter your name if you're going to be adding comments annonymously! Although I THINK I know who left the last two, it's just the principle of the thing :)

Anonymous said...

Ahem...

I know who you are, and I will be administering the appropriate punishment to at least ONE of you very soon...

Anonymous said...

All right, I'm an idiot and don't even know the URL of my own blog...

The correct one is the one on my SECOND comment.

Anonymous said...

Stupidity is my FIRST name...

NOW it should be correct.