Tuesday, February 28, 2006

My latest addiction

Well, I held out as long as I could. I remember the exact first time I heard about Sudoku--I was giftwrapping presents during the holiday time for a theater company in Anchorage this last december, when one of the boys that was also helping started wrapping a book of Sudoku puzzles for his mom. He described it to me, and I proceeded to forget about it.

But then they started to appear everywhere. I would see blog entries on friend's sites about it, I would hear the word when I was out shopping. Finally, I was watching the local news in the Twin Cities, and they said something about how doing puzzles or crosswords are a good way to keep the brain active. So I started doing crosswords and Sudoku! But Sudoku soon won out. My favorite place to play online? websudoku.com. If anyone has another site that they like, please share! What I like about this one is that it actually keeps track of your time and the number of puzzles you have solved, so you get to see what your average time is and what your fastest has been. They also have different levels of puzzles, which is nice.

So I'm addicted :) But I love it!

3 comments:

~Frooghi's~ said...

My co-worker and i got a book of sudoko puzzles for the office ... so far he has solved fifty and i have barely solved ... one ... and even then, i cheated .... :)

Shirin said...

Thanks for the new game suggestion, Lindsay! I haven't heard of this and am always looking for new games to play! Happy Fasting!

Love you,
Shirin

gypsy said...

ME TOOOOO!!!!!!!!

i play it during class, at home, walking, in the coffee shop!
i have a small book with a bunch of games and i am almost done with it... and not to leave behind the daily game in my school's newspaper...

i am with you sister!