Sunday, March 12, 2006

The audition experience

Hello everyone! Well, the good news is that I did not leave the theater in tears :) I actually left smiling--hooray!

The whole experience was very nice. We waiting out in the lobby and then went in groups of 5 to stand off to the side of the stage and audition. It all ran very smoothly, and the people who were running it were very nice.

Of course I was nervous beforehand! Especially because I'm still dealing with gunk in my lungs. I had some trouble falling asleep last night because I kept coughing... but I had enough adrenaline running through my body to keep me awake for the audition! Going into the audition, I was more worried about my monologue than my song, but I ended up doing very well on my monologue... and only so-so on my song. Again, because of the sickness, my voice was a little rough, so it just didn't sound as smooth as normal--but I hit all the notes and acted my way through it! I was really grateful that I didn't have a coughing fit on stage, and in reality, I don't know if they could tell that I was sick or not--they may just think I can't sing so well :) But that's okay! I still feel pretty good about the whole thing. I wanted to do the best that I could do, and while there's always room for improvement, I was very happy with what I did!

So now the wait begins. There are some callbacks for out of state companies this afternoon, but seeing as I don't really want to work out of state (I need to get established here!), I'm not going to be too bummed if I don't get called back for those. Other local companies will call me at some point, but it will be different for each company. And, actually, I'll only get called if they want to see me again. So there's a possibility of no calls.

But, putting things in perspective, there were about 300 auditioners, and I was simply one of them. Hopefully something about me stuck in some minds, but regardless, I've officially completed my first of many auditions to come! So I feel like celebrating! Well, I actually feel like taking a nap--I'm exhausted!

Bye for now!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it was a good experience for you. Now get some sleep! :P

Matt

Sofia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm sure you did fantastic!! Let us know WHEN you hear something :)

Anonymous said...

I am happy your audition went well.
The various Companies will be calling you soon!

Take Care,

John G

Schmerin said...

Yaaaayyyy!! Step one to fame and fortune is over!
Glad to hear you survived it, and I expect your phone will be ringing soon!

XO

Schmerin

Moogan said...

Hello Lindsay? Our company is interested in calling you back. We're a children's theatre organization in Anchorage, Alaska. I know, Alaska is far away, but we could really use talents like yours. Heck, we didn't even see your audition! We just know you're that good!

Call us at (907)677-PLAY and make your dreams come true!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Congrats Linds!! I am assuming that this is one of those situations where the first step is the hardest and it seems to me that you breezed right through it!!! Let us know of any more news and any other up coming (is "upcoming" one word or two?)auditions. Take care and feel better....NOW!!
-kristin