Saturday, March 11, 2006

Rally the Troops!

Hey everyone! Well, tomorrow is a big day for me! A big day that will be over in 90 seconds, that is. Tomorrow I get a chance to audition in the Twin Cities unified audition, where a bunch of different theater companies gather together and watch auditions at the same time. So I am doing a monologue and 30 seconds of a song for all of them to see... this is great in many ways, but if I bomb... well, it's just a little more damage :)

But I'm actually looking forward to the experience. It will be my first official audition in Minneapolis/Saint Paul, so I'm just excited that I am finally doing something that is focused on the main reason I moved away from Alaska!

So I have a favor to ask: Whatever your religious beliefs, I beg that you say prayers or think positive thoughts for me. My audition is at 11:33 am on Sunday (that's Central time, so Alaskans, that's a bright and early 8:33 am your time). I've been getting over a cold, so I'm hoping that in spite of that I can go in there and knock their socks off! I'm hoping that I feel even better than today, but as long as I don't get any worse, I should be able to work through it. So I'm rallying the troops!

On further updates in life, Kelly Services has been assigning me to jobs--hooray! Even though I was hired with them before I left, there wasn't anything for me to do in the time before I left for Alaska. So it feels good to turn in those time cards! I've also... drum roll please... become a PartyLite candle consultant! It kind of makes me smile to think that I'll be selling candles, but I actually am really excited about this. I've love their candles for years, so I get to sell something that I believe is a good product. Also, I have lots of friends who love the candles and holders as well, so they've benefited from hosting parties and getting free stuff (like Megan--yippee!). If any of you who read this in Minnesota want to host a party, just let me know :) I'm definitely going to have to expand my circle of friends here in order to keep working, but I'm looking forward to it! This will hopefully help me to avoid being a "starving" actor :) and still allow me to do theater--hooray!

Okay, that's all for now! But I love you all and hope you're happy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep it IS free!

I hope you're doing well in Minnesota, wait, I just checked your blog and you ARE! Good luck on the auditions.

I think I'll copy this down and put it on your blog as well.

Multi-blog comment. WOW!!! Could I *get* more nerdy and lazy?

Matt

Schmerin said...

Of course you'll knoch their socks off - you're a talented and lovely actress and they'll love you - sick or not! Break a leg & all that jazz!

Love You!

Schmerin

Anonymous said...

Sweetness,

Of course I'll remember you in my prayers. I always do anyway. :) I won't even wish you break-a-leg because I know you'll knock 'em dead.

Always remember, and never forget, that if they want Cinderella to do a nude scene it will cost an extra million.

XOXO

Shane

Anonymous said...

Lindsay!! it is 9 45 Sunday morning here in Alaska and i must know....HOW DID IT GO?!?!?! Call someone and then tell them to call me with all the details.
I have no doubt that your talent and your drive was proven to them in that mere 90 seconds.
Prayers were said and fingers were crossed for you. Talk to you soon.
kristin