Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Home safe and sound

Hello all! I've made it back safely to Saint Paul! Halfway through the trip, I started fantasizing about a direct flight :) But it wasn't all that bad.

I must mention, that a few of my friends (Erin, Shane and Megan) came out this morning to see me off at the airport---at 6:30AM! My mom was the one who took me out to the airport, which was just great--but she's my mom, it sort of goes with the territory :) Seriously, I think they are better people than I, because I really don't know if I would have come to see a friend off at the airport that early ;) I was trying (unsuccessfully) to hold back tears, as this was the true parting for quite some time, but it was really special to me that they came. And as I was going through security they started singing a song, that in my delirium I don't remember the name of (one of you three can add a comment with the name), but it made me so happy! And all of the other people in line to go through security clapped afterwards, and the people working in security were smiling... that was a moment where everyone WISHED they had friends like mine!

It was great being with my family in Alaska, and I'm truly missing my parents and brother right now, but I'm grateful for the time we had--they are the best family on the planet! Well, at least for me :)

And it was wonderful seeing a bunch of my friends in Alaska. The time just flew by, and I wish that I could have spent more time with more people, but I suppose that's always the case. Okay, now I'm really rambling, so I'm going to bed... or I'm going to play sudoku (curse that habit!).

G'night!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The song was the theme from "Beverly Hill Billys" and there is no way on earth I would not be there to see you off.

Never forget that wherever you are a chunk of my heart is also.

Love you.

Shaneicus

Moogan said...

There are only a few people in the world that deserve me waking up at 5:30am, and you are definitely one of them!

i love you and miss you, and if you're feeling blue, just imagine Tony and Matt saying "Goooooo Hare!" followed by outrageous jumping and hollaring. That'll bring a smile to anyone's face!

hugs!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home safe!

Hope to see you soon,

John G

Anonymous said...

Linds- Lood Guck and Leak a Breg on your audition. (i wipped my flords a bit)
Miss you so....
Love-Krissy

p.s. dont worry, you spelled my name correctly in the captions =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Chupi-Chupi! I'm happy to hear that you are back home. Enjoy your time in the city and all the arts around it. We are moving to Colorado in Summer....so here we go again with the snow! I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Ian's boys are way too cute! Take care.