Saturday, May 13, 2006

Well it looked extremely rocky for the mudville nine that day...

Maybe it was rocky for the Mudville Nine when they played on that fateful day told about in "Casey at the Bat", but our jaunt to the Metrodome proved for the Twins to be a slamming day for them! They took the White Socks for a spin, ending at 10-1. And boy was it fun :)

This was my first baseball game here and only my second professional ballgame ever, so I was super excited about the whole thing. The perk was that I got the tickets for free! The place I'm temping at right now had about 30 guests from Brazil in this week, and part of their MN experience was seeing the Twins play. But they had extra tickets, so some of us lowly ones lucked out and got them! And not only did we get to see the game for free, but they gave us food vouchers which were more than enough to pay for the pricey game food. So I was having a grand ol' time.

The whole evening was a fun adventure. I had yet to take the train in Minneapolis, but the train has a stop just outside of the Metrodome. So rather than worry about parking, my coworker Elizabeth, her husband, daughter and I took the bus to the airport and took the train to the game. The whole day at work I was looking forward to the whole experience... seriously, I was kind of laughing at how giddy I was for the adventure. So we rode back as well, and the great thing was that the train was filled (and I mean filled) with people from the game--and all in a good mood since we had won.

Tickets to a Twins game: free
Food for the game: free
Transportation to the game: $3.50
Doing the wave and singing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game"?: Priceless

Oh, and I even got a "Ciao Bella" from one of the Brazillians as we got up to leave--how cool is that? Somehow so much cooler than "See ya beautiful"...

Anyway, here are some pics from the game:

This picture is for Matt I., who should appreciate who this is...
I didn't know he was the prize pitcher for the Twins until
someone told me--so I took a picture!


This was still pre-game, but I kind of forgot to take photos
once the game actually started :)

My friend Elizabeth and her daughter Emma (who is
SO absolutely adorable!)

4 comments:

Rik Tod Johnson said...

I'm glad that you went to a baseball game, but you actually did the wave?

Oy...

squeak said...

I knew Santana was pitching, but only after I knew you were going to the game. I saw him pitch in Mailwaukee last summer, but he lost. I could go into details about the game even though it was last June, but I won't. I was actually shocked that the Twins roughed up the Sox, but it's good to hear. It's always nice when the good guys win.

Anonymous said...

My first pro game was the Angels verses te Mariners in Seattle, which was awesome! When I was in grad school Baseball was huge in Wichita, and it was a tradition to watch the games from this grassy hill and eat hot dogs. Pretty sweet memories.

XO

Shane

Moogan said...

one word describes my feelings about this... jealous. It sounds like you had a blast! And yes, Rik, doing the wave is part of the whole experience. It would just ruin it not to participate. =)