Tuesday, July 11, 2006

It's a shpadoinkle day!

Ladies and gentlemen, I have officially been cast in my first play in Minnesota!!! I am so excited! I cannot express how excited I am! It just feels good to finally have some success :) I'm going to be performing in "Cannibal: the Musical" as part of the Fringe Festival that happens here in August, and we'll also have an extended run through part of September. The original is a movie that was Trey Parker's student film, and the movie is hilarious. I actually own a copy somewhere in storage :) It's a fun musical, and it will be great fun to do it--I have my first rehearsal on the 24th, so that's when I'll get to meet the whole cast. Hooray!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Does this mean you'll finally get some moola?! :)

ak_hepcat said...

YAY!

You know how jealous I am already.

"Let's build a snowman!"

Rik Tod Johnson said...

I am highly offended that a girl of your fine character would let herself be associated with a show of such low moral fiber, let alone deign to perform in it. Really...!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lindsay!

Unknown said...

Awesome :P sounds like a fun ride.

Frank said...

They're not going to make you become a real Cannibal are they? You know, as part of their "method"? Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Ummmm...I was going to make a comment that you would just have to deleate so i won't.

Didn't I tell ya that I had a good feeling about this?

Who called it? I called it!

Kick it's booty.

XOXO

Shane

Anonymous said...

Congrats, that is SWEET! Someone did "Cannibal" out here in Seattle. It's a hilarious show.

- Scott

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lindsay!

Enjoy your role!

~ John

Moogan said...

repeat after me:

"extend the run. extend the run. extend the run..."

stop repeat. I want to see it gosh darn it! then it would be a shpadoinkle day for me too! HORRAY for lindsay the coolest cannibal ever!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was just searching blogs for hype about our show, and here I meet one of our new people (I'm the "too-well-endowed-to-write-a-bio" Kelly Wells from the Fringe page...I keep meaning to write one, even though Ben probably has about ten of my bios somewhere).

Anyway, good to have you...our show sold out something like 13 of 16 times in the original run, and we turned away tons of people the last two nights, so I'm hoping a whole lot of people will see us again.

And about Brian being "too flatulent?" True, sadly.