Tuesday, July 04, 2006

TBA Theatre Presents...

During the Last Frontier Theatre Conference in Valdez, there are various evening presentations. One night of one-acts was produced by TBA Theatre, Inc., and it was a night of plays by Alaskan playwrights that had been part of the play lab in previous years.

Now, remember, I surprised all my friends coming up to Alaska. One of the things that I knew I would be sacrificing was the possibility of performing with my friends at the conference, but I thought that even if I did tell them I was coming, it would still be too short a time to expect them to wait for me to come up in order to prepare something. So it was to my delight when I found out that one of the plays had a role yet to be filled, owing to someone not being able attend, and that they had not started rehearsals yet, owing to the fact that they were busy doing other productions! So I gladly stepped into one of the roles! Hurray! I got to have my cake and eat it too--surprise my friends AND perform at the conference! It was just icing on the cake that I was able to take part in the overnighters once I got down there as well. So great... :)

So I wanted to share some photos from the shows. I also wanted to give credit for the photos to Gen Hasagawa. He is at every single evening performance, taking photos while the show is going on (with no flash, of course!). He never gets to sit back and enjoy the show. And he captures a lot of stuff! So I'm very grateful that he does it!

I'm including a picture from each show of the night, and you can click on that photo to see all the photos from that show. The entire night was a lot of fun, and I'm really impressed with how people did. And of course, I need to give a special shout-out to Matt's cooler, who was the star of the evening :) Enjoy the photos!

In a Red Sea by Dawson Moore

Asparagus by Schatzie Schaeffers

Equal Opportunity by Andrew Day

Out to Sea by Nancy Lord

The Miraculous Resurrection of Humpty Dumpty by P. Shane Mitchell

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently my cooler is getting more good press than *I* do...

Nice to see it in the picture!

Matt

Anonymous said...

Do you know how i can get hold of Matt's Cooler's agent? I think we have something for him.

I've said it before, but it was a miracle thatyou showed up in time to be in the show. You were perfect and made it so easy, so tahnk you head doctor.

=)

XOXO

Shane

Unknown said...

Hey, im not sure if this updates to yer email when somone comments, just saying Hi and I finnally got around to looking through it all. I cleaned up my own blogger and here is Ze link if you wish to take a look sometime as I will begin updating it with current info.
http://searage.blogspot.com/
Much love
-Seraj

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lindsay, it's Megan Perkins from That Christmassy Feeling. I googled you, because I'm a stalker. Hee. Yeah, i love your blog. my favorite picture is the picture of Carl from Equal opportunity, he looks so young!

Lindsay Lamar said...

Hey Megan! You're too funny. I don't even know if you'll be checking back to see if I replied... but if you're a TRUE stalker, then you did, and well done!

See you at rehearsal!