Thursday, August 24, 2006

Dates for Pilgrimage!

I've received dates to choose for my pilgrimage to Israel!

For those of you that don't know, Baha'is are able to apply for a 9-day pilgrimage where you have a chance to go to the Holy Land, visit places of significance in the Baha'i Faith, and pray in the Shrines. The wait list for going is quite long, and I've been on the list for quite some time (I think I applied in 2002, if my memory serves correctly). The dates I received range from October 2007 to March 2008, and I will send in my prioritized list in the near future.

Think about it: 9 days to focus on your spirituality. I was in Haifa for two-and-a-half years, and yet I was working. This is a chance for me to go on my pilgrimage. I was so thrilled to see the envelope in the mail.

To my friends in Haifa: While I'll of course be focusing on my pilgrimage activities, I would love to hear who may still be there when I come--it would be so wonderful to see friends again!

So my heart is very happy at the moment :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm so excited for you and envious of course. I still have to wait another year before I can even apply to go again. I'm sure the trip will be amazing.

~Frooghi's~ said...

aw that's wonderful Lindsay!! My family also got their invitation a couple of months ago and i cant tell you how exited they are! :)

I am so happy for you! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. ihope you find enlightenment and peace.

XOX

Shane

Moogan said...

Wow, that sounds so great. I wonder what a pilgrimage would be like for Lutherans... probably going to Germany pinning some stuff on the door of a catholic church and having a beer. Your's sounds much much better. =)