Friday, January 06, 2006

Farewell Alaska...at least for now :)

Oh, I am so sad to leave Alaska! I'm looking forward to my trip and new adventures, but my heart is sad leaving this wonderful place... seriously, I have to drink lots of water to keep up with the tears :)

It's coming down to the wire, so I wanted to put a quick post up. I don't know how often I'll have internet access along the way, but... drum roll please... I will be posting AUDIO blogs along the way! Blogger allows a way to call in to a phone number an essentially leave a voicemail on my blog for any to listen to! Those of you on my mailing list will not receive a notice each time, as I won't be near a computer when I make these posts, so make sure to check periodically in the next week if you want updates on my trek to Minnesota!

I just want to put on record that I have some of the nicest friends in the world, and the ones I'm leaving in Anchorage are particularly tough to leave. But our friendships survived my being in Israel (and made my friends in Israel so jealous with the cool packages they sent), so hopefully they'll survive this parting as well. I'm going to miss the casual ease of seeing everyone, and I'm going to miss acting with a lot of them. I'm going to miss watching my cousins grow up, I'm going to miss shoulder rubs with my mom, I'm going to miss the occasional "arkabarkoo" from my dad, and I'm going to miss just BEING here.

But I'm looking forward to Minnesota... it's exciting to think what could be ahead!

Bye for now,
Lindsay

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best from Zuzi and I, Lindsay. I truly hope your trip is exciting and memorable in only good ways. More than that, I pray that it is safe.

I'd also like to be first to go on record for an increase in post frequency once you get to MN. =)

Need to know what you're up to and when to tune in to hear you on PHC!!!

Lots of love,
Andy

Anonymous said...

Well, Lindsay, you're finishing up the last few things. We just opened the Bobodil Bubbly and that was explosively exciting! I am going to miss you terribly, but luckily we know that no distance is too large to weaken our friendship. Call me anytime!

love and hugs
moog