Sunday, January 01, 2006

The road trip plans

Well, as it gets closer and closer to departure date (on the 6th!), I'm starting to feel the panic of getting everything together. But I have faith that all will go well :)

Here are the plans as they are unfolding: Colin and I are flying down to Seattle on the 6th. We're picking up my car that even now is traveling on a ship, bound for the Tacoma port, and staying in Seattle for the weekend to attend a very special friend's wedding (Tana, the website for their wedding is: http://www.sijun.com/wedding/). After that, we're heading out on the road! One day is going to take us to somewhere in Montana, where we'll stay in a hotel, and then another day will take us to Sioux Falls, South Dakota, where many of my maternal grandparents' relatives live. We're going to spend a couple days getting reacquainted with family that we don't have the bounty of getting to see often at all, and then we'll travel the rest of the way to the Twin Cities and what will be my home for the next little while.

We're not in a huge rush while we're driving, so if we need to stop because of weather, we'll do that. But all in all, it seems like it will be a great trip! You know what's funny though? I'm actually going to be flying back to Alaska at the end of February for a week! I have some of the best friends in the world, and a whole group of them pooled their resources and gave me a Christmas present of a trip home! So why at the end of February? Well, I'll be performing with TFYP in a storytelling/sing along show with the Folk's Tales crew called "Pirate Tales", which will include all sorts of stories and songs of the sea. So I'll be learning some stuff from afar, and then come into town the week before the show and perform for one weekend. The nice thing is, knowing I'll be back takes away a little of the pang of leaving.

Well, I'm off to my last Lost night with friends (for a description, see this previous post). We only have one new episode, but it's my last chance before leaving, so we're getting together. Damien is making his famous spaghetti sauce, and I am starving--so I'm heading over there!

No comments: