Thursday, January 19, 2006

Tana and Dhabih's wedding


Well, now that I'm getting a little more settled, I wanted to take some time to share a bit from the trip getting to Minnesota! So, occasionally I'll skim through my pictures and find something that I didn't want to miss sharing :)

One huge hightlight of the trip was the fact that Colin and I got to be at Tana and Dhabih's (pronounced "Zabee") wedding in Seattle. I have been to a lot of beautiful weddings, but I have to say that this was towards the top of the list. Both Tana and Dhabih are Baha'is, so the only requirement of a Baha'i wedding is the recitation of a short verse, which each of them says. The rest of the wedding can consist of whatever they decide. In this case, there were several readings from Baha'i writings interspersed with songs beautifully provided by Yohannes and Laila. Tana has been my friend since childhood, and I love her so much. I was thrilled to be at her wedding, and I wish her and Dhabih patience and happiness... and laughter :)

No comments: