Thursday, January 19, 2006

My room!

Well, I finally got some of my pictures up on the wall (deciding where to put them is so tough!), so I thought that I could finally share some photos of my room :)

This first photo is what you see straight from the door:


As you can see, I've got some good sized windows, which are really nice for letting light in during the day (a lot of the time I just keep them closed, because it's so bright!). In the right side of the picture, you can see a couple photos hanging. One is still on the floor because I actually need to add something to the back of the frame to hang it from! But one of the photos is from the production of King Lear that I was in, and the other two are fun shadowbox frames that my parents put together from the two years I did Saucy Jack and the Space Vixens. They're kind of silly, but they make me smile when I look at them :) Also notice the nice furniture from Ikea :) I went with the light wood, as it seemed to be a theme in the shared part of our apartment, but also because I like keeping the room feeling light.

Rotating slightly, here's what you see to the right:


I have a mirror that my mom did the stained glass work on (which I love), and I just put together the series of photos of my brother Colin when he was younger (I just love these photos). I have my little computer speakers, so I'm able to have music, which is just a must!

And rotating a little bit more:


I've got my handy dandy calendar care of Robert and Tony (thanks guys!), and the floor to wall doors to my closet.

Here's a pic of one side of the closet, although it's not that interesting :)


So that's my room! All in all, I find it very nice. So far, everything I own has its own place, so hopefully I will be able to avoid the problem of clutter that I seem to always have. It feels good to have it pretty much complete--at least for now :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great, Linds! I miss you!

moogs

Anonymous said...

LOVE your room Linds! especially the wall decor! :)
-sahar-

Lindsay Lamar said...

Thanks Moog, Andy and Sahar! Andy, my violins are in the other side of the closet, right next to my big amp! Oh, and Megan, I just put up the collages you made for me back when I was going to Israel! They make me smile :)

Anonymous said...

Ooooooo I'm a boy and you let me into your bedroom!

I'm tellin' ! :P

Looks like you're pretty snug. Personally, I wish it was a roach infested rat hole that drove you back to Anchorage.

XOXO

Shaneicus