Sunday, January 29, 2006

Life in Minnesota

Well, I'm settling into life here in Minnesota :) I'm liking it a lot! When I went to my Kelly interview, I had to venture into downtown Saint Paul, which downtowns are always questionable about driving in. But it's a very pretty downtown, which wasn't too dangerously crowded or anything. I've heard downtown Minneapolis is another type of adventure, but I guess one that I'll have some time or other :)

I am officially a Sam's Club member now, and I had my first trip all by myself to check out what they had to offer :) I did very well restraining myself, but I managed to get some good staples for the apartment. If you don't know already, I'm not always the happiest of shoppers. But I managed to have a good time, mostly because I wasn't in any hurry. I did have a little adventure at the check-out line when the cashier didn't know that they had to enter AK in front of my license number (I'm still waiting for the official Minnesota card in the mail), so it was rejecting my check. Fortunately, all worked out well in the end :)

Sorry, that last paragraph was really boring, wasn't it? But you see, this is really the first time that I have lived on my own (sad, but true). So I'm enjoying all the mundane things that I will eventually grow tired of, which includes groceries :) But on a more exciting subject, I just got home from a Baha'i devotional, where people gather together simply to say prayers. This devotional was held at a young married couple's student housing on U of M's campus, and there were quite a few people there (maybe 20). There were a lot of really great people that I got to meet, many of whom weren't even Baha'is but liked to come for saying prayers. So I had a really good time :)

Tomorrow my friend John is coming through Minneapolis on his way back home, and he has a bit of a layover--so he's going to officially be the second guest that we have at our apartment! It will be great to see him, even if just for a couple hours!

Well, enough for now--I'm going to bed! G'night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi linsday-lamar-joon!
there is this amazing family living in St. Paul .... family name is "Akale" - they are half persian, half cameroon - mom is Rouhieh, kids are May, Omid, Farhad and Adib - by any chance, have you met any of them? We grew up together in cameroon. they are an amazing family. Incase you meet, say hi for me :)
-sahar-

Anonymous said...

Adib Akale- Sahar, if you happen to see this message, email me :) my email is adibakale@hotmail.com, I cant believe i came accross your blog!